ESR Eligibility criteria of the Marie-Sklodowska Curie programme
The applicants can be of any nationality.
There are specific criteria the applicant must fulfill to be eligible.
- At the time of recruitment, the researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- ESR Candidates must be, at the time of recruitment by the host organization, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when they obtained the Master’s degree that would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate.
- Applicants are not eligible if they have already been awarded a PhD.
Basic duties and responsibilities of the ESR
The ESR will be required to work exclusively on the MSCA ITN programme (PARENT-ETN). In all cases, all duties and responsibilities will be clearly outlined in the researchers Personal Career Development Plan, as determined in the early stages of the project between the ESR and supervisors.
General application rules to be detailed in specific vacancy ad
The applicant is expected to send some of the following documents as pdf files as specified in the specific vacancy ad on Euraxess website:
- Motivation Letter (max 2 pages)
- Declaration to fulfill ESR Eligibility criteria of the Marie-Sklodowska Curie programme
- Two reference contacts (Name, Surname, Role, Organization, Email). Reference contacts might be contacted to by the Organization/Company to provide a reference letter.
- A CV in European format.
- A copy of a valid ID document (passport or other);
- If possible, copies of educational certificates and transcript of records (course transcripts). This copies can might be asked for in all steps of the evaluation.
The selection procedures will be based on two steps:
- Screening of all applications received and selection of a shortlist of candidates based on presented documentation.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to a remote interview.
Furthermore, in some cases, additional requirements (e.g. internationally recognized English language qualifications achieved) and/or selection procedures based on local regulations might be applied (please refer to the single ESR Information Sheet or ask the reference person of the corresponding institution).